Leading the Way to Personal Wellness
There’s nothing tentative, or provisional, or experimental about functional medicine, nor is it an approach that’s “out there” on some kind of fringe, especially in Marietta. The basic tenets of functional medicine have been known and practiced with wisdom by humankind in different cultures for millennia.
Today, functional medicine is gaining prominence because the limits of an earlier era of medicine are being reached. The “fix me” era is passing away, and the “miracle cures,” although welcome and in some cases undeniably lifesaving, have shown their limitations.
Here, at Genesis4Wellness in Marietta, functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. Specifically, it includes the following:
- Recognizing that preventing disease is even better than curing it.
- Understanding that diseases and disorders often have more than one cause.
- An awareness that those various causes combine differently in different people.
For the sensitivity and perception that these new answers require, we, at Genesis4Wellness in Marietta, have pursued the education, the qualifications, and the experience to assure confidence from anyone who wants to take an active part in her or his well-being.
The Five Disruptors
Though the answers are individual, many of the threats to human well-being are threats we share. We see these as the five “system disruptors”:
1. Poor Diet: Industrialized agriculture challenges the body’s ability to work properly.
2. Toxins: Toxic substances disrupt the body’s own defenses and healing systems.
3. Emotional Stress: The pace and distractions of our era set the stage for chronic illness.
4. Physical Stress: The sedentary life, so prevalent today, threatens health profoundly.
5. Microbes: Each person’s genetic makeup and history of exposures makes an individual background for autoimmune disorders and chronic illness.
The Answers of Functional Medicine
Against these five disrupters, Genesis4Wellness crafts a personalized, integrated program of defense, based on each patient’s distinctive needs and conditions. The body’s own natural ability to protect and heal itself is empowered by proper treatment. Discerning the measures that deliver that empowerment for each patient and applying them with intelligence and sensitivity is our proven approach.
Our professional team is composed of MDs, nurse practitioners, chiropractors, and massage therapists who work together without bias to offer you a whole answer for improving your health and well-being, your quality, and your enjoyment of life.
Your progress is measured and monitored, from a baseline assessment, through focus on your particular needs and concerns and on through an overall approach for living that nurtures your body, mind, and spirit.
Scheduling Your Functional Medicine Consultation in Marietta
A whole solution for the whole self – yours uniquely – is what you can expect from Functional Medicine at Genesis4Wellness in Marietta. To discover more about how Functional Medicine may be your own path to a life of greater enjoyment, let’s get together. Call us at 470.787.2160 or click here to get started.